SPO Votes« Home
How to Run a Vote
Running a vote is simple - just publish a web page that describes the details or the vote at a fixed URL. SPOs will use this URL to register their votes in their extended metadata JSON files.
Be sure to include:
- A clear description of the vote/question
- The canonical URL to be used by voting SPOs (to ensure they all use the exact same URL)
- What the acceptable responses to the votes are for example only Yes/No or also other values)
- Any restrictions on voting, such as:
- Which pools are eligible to vote (for example those registered before a certain epoch)
- Whether votes from multi-pool owners will be counted individually or folded together
- If applicable, when the results will be taken
- What the outcome of the vote will mean (for example whether it’s just to gauge interest in something, or will be used to make some decision)
Once the page is published, you should share its URL and encourage SPOs to vote, as described in How to Vote.